Job title: Salvage Yard Assistant
Location: Tuxford, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive and dependant on skill level
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Tramps (UK) Ltd specialise in the wholesale supply of interior decorative products. Working with designers, retailers and interior contractors throughout the UK and Europe we supply a host of unusual items.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual to take on wide variety of duties from our warehouse which is situated in Tuxford. Working alongside the warehouse manager and the business owners you will be responsible for but not limited to the following jobs:
- Packing and wrapping of parcels ready for shipping on a daily basis.
- Assisting the warehouse manager on fixing, making and upcycling items from the warehouse. This will include making unusual decorative items, cleaning items and fixing damaged items.
- Assisting with moving and organising of items around the warehouse to maintain a tidy workplace and shop floor.
- Unloading of containers of imported goods. This will involve a lot of heavy lifting.
- Generally working as part of a small but vital team to keep the business running smoothly.
This multi-disciplined job will suit someone who is flexible and keen to take on multiple roles for the business.
To qualify for the position, you must be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
- GCSE Maths and English Grades C+
- Good organisational skills with ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Willing to be hands on doing physical manual labour jobs.
- Comfortable working outside and in a warehouse environment.
- Good customer relationship skills both face to face and over the phone.
- Full Clean UK driving licence
Favoured candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following beneficial skills and experiences:
- Carpentry skills
- Forklift truck licence
- Electrical or other related skills which may add value to the team.
Benefits include flexibility in working hours and days, chance to develop new skills, working with interesting and unusual products.
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org